Login to Win a MacBook Air Computer Official Contest Rules
1. Contest Period
The contest period begins at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time on June 29, 2012 and closes at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time on November 1, 2012 (the Contest Period).
1. The Sauder Global Alumni Network Login Giveaway Contest (the Contest) is open to Sauder School of Business alumni holding senate-recognized degrees and diplomas from the Sauder School of Business, who are legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who are 19 years of the age or older, and who provide their current employer, job title, industry, email address and employment or home address including city on their profile form on either a Sauder Business Club website or the Sauder Global Alumni Network website during the contest period. Credentials awarded by Sauder Executive Education are not considered senate-approved Sauder School of Business degrees or diplomas.
2. Notwithstanding 2.1, the following parties are not eligible to enter the Contest: (a) employees of UBC; and (b) family members of UBC employees.
3. How to Enter
1. To enter, go to any official Sauder Business Club website (www.saudervancouver.ca; www.saudercalgary.ca; www.saudertoronto.ca; www.sauderlondon.co.uk; www.sauderchina.com), the Sauder Alumni Careers website (www.sauderalumnicareers.ca), or the Sauder Global Alumni Network web portal. Under "My Account", go to "My Profile" and fill out your current employer, job title, industry, email address and employment or home address including city.
2. No purchase necessary. Limit of one (1) entry per Contest entrant.
1. There will be one (1) prize awarded. The prize for the Contest is one (1) 13-inch, 256GB MacBook Air laptop computer.
2. The Prize must be accepted as awarded. No substitution or the Prize is permitted except by the University of British Columbia (UBC) at its sole discretion. UBC reserves the right to substitute the Prize with another Prize of equal or greater value if the Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason.
3. The Prize is not transferable and not redeemable for cash or credit in whole or in part.
1. The Prize winner shall be selected as follows:
a. On or about November 1, 2012 a random draw will be conducted in Vancouver, British Columbia by UBC to select one (1) entry for the Prize. One (1) entrant will be selected from all eligible entries received. The odds of being selected as a potential winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received during the Contest period.
b. Before being declared a winner of the Prize, the selected potential winner shall be required to: (1) respond to UBC in accordance with these Official Contest Rules; (2) answer, without assistance of any kind, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a pre-arranged telephone call, and to comply with these Contest Rules; (3) swear an affidavit indicating eligibility and compliance with these Official Contest Rules; and (4) sign a release and indemnity whereby the winner releases and indemnifies and holds harmless UBC, its advertising and promotional agencies, the suppliers of the Prize, and all their respective employees, directors, officers, owners, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability in connection with or arising out of the Contest, the awarding of the Prize or the use of any personal information.
c. THE SELECTED POTENTIAL WINNER OF THE DRAW WILL BE NOTIFIED BY TELEPHONE OR E-MAIL NO LATER THAN November 15, 2012 at 5:00pm Pacific Daylight Time using the contact information provided by the Contest entrant at the time of entering the Contest. Upon notification, THE SELECTED POTENTIAL WINNER OF THE DRAW MUST RESPOND WITHIN TWO (2) BUSINESS DAYS by telephone to the contact number provided in the notification. The selected potential winners response must be received by UBC within two (2) business days of such notification.
d. If the selected potential winner fails to meet any of the requirements set out in these Official Contest Rules, they will be disqualified and another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entrants.
6. General Rules
1. The decisions of UBC in relation to this Contest will be final and binding on all entrants.
2. Each Prize claim is subject to verification by UBC and/or designated representatives. Entries made with multiple addresses, under multiple identities or through the use of any device or artifice to enter multiple times or entries that are in excess of the permitted number of entries during the Contest period are automatically void.
3. All Contest entries which are incomplete, illegal, mutilated, altered, reproduced, forged, irregular or fraudulent in any way or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Contest Rules are automatically void.
4. The personal information provided to enter the Contest will be retained by UBC for the purpose of contacting you to advise you of UBC and Sauder alumni-related news and information, event invitations and special services only available to Sauder alumni. Your personal information will not be sold, given or leased to outside entities.
5. The Contest and these Official Contest Rules are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice or law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdictions laws.
7. Internet Disclaimer
1. UBC and its agents are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, traffic congestion or the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to an entrants or any other persons computer, related to or resulting from downloading any materials in this contest.
2. UBC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of UBC or its agents corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, UBC reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.